Dragon Crane self-defense is led by Sifu Robyn Lingen, who has been teaching self-defense classes, workshops and seminars for more than 15 years. She is dedicated to helping students understand the patterns of perpetrators, the power of interruption, and how to defend against physical attack. This class uses martial arts principles to help students understand and practice key techniques of psychological and physical self-defense.
It is our belief that every woman should know how to fight, and that every woman should understand the systems of abuse and how to defend against it mentally, physically and emotionally. Self-defense training can help people stay strong in their bodies, and in their voices. But self-defense training needs to go beyond learning how to punch, counterpunch, kick and scream. At Dragon Crane, you can expect to learn the following:
- The patterns, plans and habits of rapists and sexual aggressors and how to interrupt them
- The behaviors and language of narcissists and how they set the stage for abuse
- The signs and symptoms of gaslighting and how to escape and survive it
- Ways to avoid being targeted
- When and how to extricate one’s self from a potentially dangerous situation
- When, where and how to strike back - kicking, punching, counter-attack
- Rage release strategies
- Resources for physical, emotional and psychological support
- Follow up support to address emotions arising from self-defense training
- Followup programming to practice self-defense
4- and 8-session self-defense workshops are scheduled throughout the year at Element Gym. You can also hire us to conduct self-defense workshops at your place of work, school or club. Contact Robyn at 651-260-0730 to learn more.
Current 2020 Dates
Saturday, January 18, Noon to 4 p.m.
Saturday, March 28, Noon to 4 p.m.
Tuesdays, April 14 and 21, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
(Two sessions one-week apart)
Monday, May 18, 5:30-9 p.m.
Saturday, September 19, Noon-4 p.m.
Monday, October 19, 5:30-9 p.m.