Dragon Crane self-defense for women is led by Sifu Robyn Lingen, who has been teaching women's self-defense classes, workshops and seminars for more than 15 years. She is dedicated to helping students understand the patterns of perpetrators, the power of interruption, and how to defend against physical attack. This class uses martial arts principles to help you understand and practice techniques for psychological and physical self-defense.
Empowering women beyond kick and punch only self-defense
It is our belief that every woman should know how to fight, and that every woman should understand the systems of abuse and how to defend against it mentally, physically and emotionally. Self-defense training can help people stay strong in their bodies, and in their voices. But self-defense training needs to go beyond learning how to block and punch, kick and scream. At Dragon Crane, you can expect to learn the following:
- The patterns, plans and habits of rapists and sexual aggressors and how to interrupt them
- The behaviors and language of narcissists and how they set the stage for abuse
- The signs and symptoms of gas lighting and how to escape and survive it
- Ways to avoid being targeted
- When and how to extricate one’s self from a potentially dangerous situation
- When, where and how to strike back - kicking, punching, counter-attack
- Rage release strategies
- Resources for physical, emotional and psychological support
- Follow-up support to address emotions arising from self-defense training
- Follow-up programming to practice self-defense
You can also hire Dragon Crane to conduct women's self-defense workshops at your place of work, church, school or club. Contact Sifu Robyn at 651-260-0730 to learn more.
4- and 8-session self-defense workshops are scheduled throughout the year at CoMotion Center for Movement Arts.